Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Just another day in Vanderhoof

Hello there!

So today was just another day at work. I worked at The Manor today aswell as yesterday and also tomorrow. I like working there. I love all the old people, but sometimes it's hard. They get really lonely and sad and when you're talking to them it just makes you sad. Today I went for a walk with Wayne who lives in D Pod. There are 4 pods at the manor, A Pod is for residents who are still understand what is going on around them, it is more of an independent part of the manor but they still need help. B/C Pod are together and that is for residents who cannot take care of themselves and need 24/7 care. Some of them can't feed themselves and alot of them are in wheelchairs. D Pod is for people with a more severe case of Alzheimer's or Dementia. You need a code to get into that pod and you can't take them out of that pod unless you are going to stay with them and make sure they don't wander off. Carrying on, Dwayne is such a cute old man and whenever you tell him something his response is always, "Well for heaven sakes!" if it's something intense then his response is "Well for God sakes" LOL he is to cute! We walked outside for a little while and he was making me laugh so much. I told him about my brother Joey and he told me to tell him that Wayne says Hello! So Hi Joey, from Wayne :).. I also spoke to Charlie who is in A Pod, he's a cutie too! He showed me a photo album of his family. I was going to play crib with Evelyn but she was tired so tomorrow we will play. I learned a new card game, it's called Muggins. Alma's daughter taught me. I am going to teach my housemates :)I had a pretty good day overall.

Now I'm at home. Our french teacher is here now, so I must go and become fluent!

XOXO Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment