Sunday, February 20, 2011

Its almost over..

I cant believe that its almost over. I have lived with the same 10 people for the last 6 months and knowing that in 10 days I will no longer wake up to waving to my Russian Sister or making trips trips coffee for Kyra or telling Evelyne I love her and her answering in her cute english accent, "Me too, I love you." Or seeing any of my other katimafamily members everyday is kind of sad. Now that its almost over I do wish that it was nine months instead of six. Yes I miss my family and friends SO MUCH but these people are my family too and I'll be very sad to say goodbye to them.


Yesterday we went to ice fishing. Let me just say this now that it was TERRIBLE. I do not fish. Well I do at my grandmothers in her backyard in the summer but I dont really. I get my cousin or brother or grandpa to put the worm on the hook, then I hold the rod and wait for a fish to bite the hook then I freak out and I once again get my cousin or grandpa to take the fish off and put it back in the water. I cant do that stuff it grosses me out. It never really bothered me before but yesterday I dont know what happened. I was sitting on the ice reading the book 'Eating Animals'(fitting I know!:), and when I saw Katelyn catch a fish and they took it out and put the fish in a bucket WITH NO WATER! I started to freak out and say that it was going to die and Stephane, my Project Leader said,"Thats the point." I couldn't handle it. I felt like crying. I took my stuff out of the water and said I didnt want to do it. So he told me to go inside with Kyra and Sarah, they weren't fishing because they are vegetarians. So I went inside. We didnt do anything for the rest of the day. We just talked and I knitting a little bit. Then we came home and went to the Snowboard Jamboree. Its a snowboard competition and people from RUSSIA, Netherlands, Australia and Canada were there. A Canadian guy won, I cant remember his name. I think it was Sebastien. It was really cool. Nothing much else happened yesterday..


Today we are cleaning the house :/.. And tomorrow we are having our work partners come over after work for a thank you dinner or something. In Quebec they called it a 5 to 7.. I still dont really know what that is but Ill just go with the flow..


Tuesday morning I am going home until Friday and I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE MY FAMILY. I cant wait to see my brother. I have missed him so much. Then when I come back there are 4 days left of the program and I go home again.


I got my travel arrangements to go home forever and I will be on a bus for 15 hours. We are leaving our house at 3:45am and bringing people to the airport. The Beauport and Levis groups will be with us also. So after the airport the bus will drive us bus riders to the Ste-Foy bus terminal where we will take a bus at 7:00am to Montreal and arrive there at 9:45am. Then we will take another bus with Coach Canada at 11:30am to Kingston then to Ottawa for a bit and then arrive in Toronto at 6:30pm.. That is intense. But it shouldn't be to bad. I will be with my friends, not all of them like Sarah, Kyra, Katelyn, Evelyne, or Zoe but I'll be with Ryan and Jared and other people from the other groups.


So that is what will be happening within the next 10 days. I will try to write again soon but I thought since I wasnt doing anything right now I would write this. Brandon and Isaac are making breakfast and Im rather excited. Im starving. Im also listening to french music. Our french teacher gave us a list of songs we should listen to and I have listened to the same sing about.. I dont even know how many times but ALOT. Its called Comme des Enfants by Coeur de Pirate.


Until next time. Have a wonderful day!


p.s. here are some pictures of what has been happening in my life.
MY FAMILY!

Never regret something that once made you smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment